Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday


Here is my second study of horses and I’m sure James Reynolds would be rolling in his grave with the mistakes I did. I’ll show it to the crit people tonight and see what the consensus is.

With reference to yesterday’s blog and the 1000 paintings the artist should do before he becomes good; a friend of mine, David told me the same holds true in most fields of expertise. In this case 10,000 hours seems to be the magic number, before say a person masters the art of fencing or javelin throwing. So with the average of ten hours per painting the artist would come out the same.

Food for thought!

Richard Boyer

1 comment:

  1. 1000 paintings?

    That means I only have about 980 more paintings to do.

    At the rate I'm going, I'll be a master some time into my 50th lifetime (unless you count all the hours I've spent painting houses, in which case I'm probably already a master painter).


    -- Larry Darkness

    ReplyDelete